- ... And It Ended with Glitter and Confetti!
- 23 February 2017
The grand finale of the Fan Festivals was held only a couple of days ago and it feels like there's still confetti in the air. There was so much laughter, new friends found, great moments shared and mini games won that we felt this truly was THE festival for European FFXIV fans!
Check out some photo highlights from both days of the unmissable event on our recap page.We like to think that our European Fan Fest went smoothly and we were happy to see lots of satisfied attendees, but all feedback regarding the event itself and the live stream is greatly appreciated. If you have any feedback, please do visit the dedicated forum thread on the official forums and share with us.
If you didn't have the chance to attend the event and you feel like you've missed out, there's a live stream archive that can still be purchased. By buying the stream archive, you can also get bonus items! With the EU-exclusive Wind-up Yuna minion and your choice of either High Summoner Attire or Abes Attire. You can read up more here.
Of course, none of this would have been possible without our amazing fans, to who we would like to extend our heartfelt thanks! None of this would have been possible without all of our amazing players!
While all good things must come to an end, the completion of the Fan Festival in Frankfurt only means something amazing is on its way; Stormblood.
Keep your eyes peeled for recap photos and more information about 4.0!
See you in Eorzea!
- Fan Fest 2017 Survival Guide
- 13 February 2017
Fan Fest is happening this weekend and we are sure you are all as excited as we are! To help everyone plan out their weekend we thought we should provide you with a small survival guide for the event so you can make the most out of Fan Fest.
Every attendee will get a goodie bag which can be picked up all day on both days in the registration area!
- How will registration work?
Registration opens at 8 am and will be open all day until 8 pm on both days, so you can come in anytime that is convenient for you. Please bear in mind while registration opens at 8 am the doors open at 10 am, followed by the first stage event on both days at 10:30am. We recommend coming in early, so you do not miss anything we have planned for you!
Of course, do not forget to bring your ticket! Our staff will scan the QR code on entry, so as long as you have either a digital or physical copy of your ticket, registration should be quick and smooth. Also, make sure to bring your ID card or passport, as we need to check to verify you as a ticket holder!
- Can I pay by card?
Yes and no. You can pay for merchandise by card, but we would recommend bringing enough cash with you as this will make the payment process faster and help keep the queue moving in a timely manner. Paying by cash is much quicker than paying by card and if everyone cooperates, everyone benefits. In case you would like to check prices to plan out how much cash to bring, check out the Merchandise website to get an idea for prices on a range of items.
We have also several catering stalls at the venue which sell beverages and snacks, but please be aware that these will accept cash payment only.
- Where can I find an ATM?
There are several ATMs in the area. Here is a list of the closest ones:
- ING-DiBa ATM
Hamburger Allee 2 - 10, Frankfurt Marriott Hotel, 60486 Frankfurt/M., Deutschland
- Frankfurter Volksbank
Theodor-Heuss-Allee 3, 60486 Frankfurt am Main, Deutschland
Ludwig-Erhard-Anlage 2, 60325 Frankfurt am Main, Deutschland
- Degussa Bank
Theodor-Heuss-Allee 74, 60486 Frankfurt am Main, Deutschland
- Deutsche Bank
Theodor-Heuss-Allee 70, 60486 Frankfurt am Main, Deutschland
- The Bank of New York Mellon
Friedrich-Ebert-Anlage 49, 60308 Frankfurt am Main, Deutschland e Bank of New York Mellon
- Is there food and beverages available inside the venue?
Yes we will have snacks and beverages to sell! Please make sure to bring some cash as card payment is not available.
- Will there be vegetarian food available?
Yes, we have some vegetarian dishes on the menu! If any doubts, just ask the staff at the food counter and they will be able to give you more information about the ingredients.
- Is there anywhere we can relax?
No worries, we got this covered. First of all we have tables and seating in the catering area where you can have your meals. But we have also a FFXIV themed relaxation area where you can chill out.
- When and where is the Cosplay registration?
Registration for the Cosplay Contest is open on Saturday from 12:00 pm to 2:30 pm. If you would like to enter the contest, please head over to the registration area at your earliest convenience. You can check the full rules for the contest here.
- Are there dressing rooms for Cosplayers?
Yes, we have dressing rooms for cosplayers to change! Two total, separated by gender. There will also be lockers to secure your valuables. Furthermore there will be mirrors, tables and chairs to help you put on your finishing touches and get ready for the show floor.
- I registered for the PvP Tournament, but what do I need to do?
All those who registered their interest would have received an email confirmation with details on their team placement. Please visit the PvP area on the show floor by 4:00 pm on Saturday to finalise your team entry and confirm your participation. Set-up for the preliminary matches will begin on Saturday at 5:30 pm in the PvP area so don't be late!
- Any other questions?
If you have any questions, feel free to post them in the Fan Festival in Frankfurt forum!
If you have any questions during the event, just head over to the Information Desk and a member of staff will do their best to help!
- Announcing Nobuo Uematsu Signing Sessions!
- 07 February 2017
There's just over 1 week left until the Fan Festival, and we're excited to share another great update for ticket holders. If you've been following our announcements you'll know that we announced Nobuo Uematsu would be joining us amongst other musical guests, but we also mentioned that we'd be giving a number of attendees a chance to get up close and personal with this brilliant composer via special signing sessions. We're pleased to announce that these will be free, and all attendees can register their interest. Read on to find out how to take part!If you are an EU Fan Festival ticket holder, keep an eye on your emails on Friday! You will be sent an email containing a unique code that will allow you to register your interest. But beware, spaces are limited, so register as soon as you can! We accept registrations on a first come first served basis.
How do I register? - If you are a Fan Fest ticket holder, you will automatically be sent an email with a unique code to sign up for a signing session. These emails will begin to be dispatched on or around 12:00 (GMT) on Friday 10th February 2017.
Note: Pre-sale emails will not be sent to email addresses unsubscribed from Square Enix newsletters. If you have unsubscribed from Square Enix emails in the past, please click here to find out how to ensure you receive the signing session email.
Should you register successfully, a signing session time slot will be assigned to you automatically. Signing session tickets cannot be sold or transferred. Signing sessions will take place at the times below:
SLOT 1 13:00 to 14:00
Saturday, 18th February
SLOT 2 16:00 to 17:00
Saturday, 18th February
SLOT 3 17:30 to 18:30
Sunday, 19th February
Do not miss this opportunity to meet the legend himself!
- Full Details and Prizes Announced for Cosplay Contest!
- 02 February 2017
The EU Fan Festival 2017 in Frankfurt draws ever closer and, of course, it wouldn't be a real Fan Fest without amazing cosplay from our players! Though we announced the contest itself previously, now we have uploaded the full legal terms with full information on the fabulous prizes you can obtain by amazing our judges on stage!
- How can I participate?
- Simply register in costume on-site at the Cosplay Registration Desk on Saturday, 18th February, 2017 between 12:00 (CET)* and 14:30 (CET)!
- 30 finalists will be selected to appear on stage for the show between 16:00 (CET) and 16:45 (CET)!
- Full details on everything you need to know about the contest can be found in the Cosplay Contest Rules! Please read through these carefully before you arrive at the Fan Festival. Additional copies of the rules will also be provided on-site.
- Please read the Accepted Entry Format section carefully!
*Updated on 6. February 2017
The further you get in the contest, the greater the prizes will be! Let's dive right into what we have in store!
Each of the thirty finalists selected for the parade on stage will receive a Gaelicap in-game item, plus one additional in-game item of their choice:
Gaelicap (in-game item)
Choice of one additional in-game item:
Scarf of Wondrous WitNoble Barding
Three winners in the "Judges Choice" category will receive a cute Mandragora Plush on top!
The judges will also pick on extra winner for each of these three categories: "Most Original Costume", "Greatest Detail/Design" and "Most Entertaining Costume"! Those selected will get not only the in-game items and Mandragora Plush but will also be awarded with a signed copy of ENCYCLOPAEDIA EORZEA - THE WORLD OF FINAL FANTASY XIV and one FINAL FANTASY XIV figure pack consisting of four miniature figures of Y'shtola, Alphinaud, Tataru and Ifrit!
And if that is not already motivation enough to master your weaving skills to perfection, there is one more prize for the costume awarded as "Best in Show"! On top of all the prizes above, the contestant that wins over our judges will receive a brand new gaming laptop for continuing their adventures in FFXIV!
ALIENWARE 15 Gaming laptop (value estimated at approx. € 1,399 / GBP 1,190) with the following specifications (which may be subject to change):
- I5 -6300HQ Processor @ 3.2Ghz
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 with 6GB GDDR5
- 15.6 FHD (1920x1080) IPS Display
- 8GB DDR4 2133Mhz RAM
- 1TB HDD
- Windows 10 OS
We look forward to seeing you there!
- Fan Festival 2017 in Frankfurt Live Stream Available for Purchase!
- 26 January 2017
We're pleased to announce that the Fan Festival 2017 in Frankfurt live stream is now available for purchase! Experience all of the fun from the comfort of your own home and receive the exclusive in-game bonus items!
Players looking to enjoy the Fan Festival 2017 in Frankfurt won't want to miss this offer!Stream Details
- Price: €29.99*
*Different tax rates and exchange rates may apply based on your location, causing final price to vary slightly.
- - HD resolution
- - All main stage content in Japanese and English
- - A bonus item code for the Fan Festival 2017 in Frankfurt-exclusive Wind-up Yuna minion, and your choice of either the Abes attire or High Summoner attire
- - Access to the archived footage after the event until August 31, 2017
- - Hosted on the official Fan Festival 2017 in Frankfurt live stream site (https://ffxivfanfestivalfrankfurt.cleeng.com)
Fan Festival 2017 in Frankfurt Stage Schedule
Saturday, February 18, 2017
- 9:30 (GMT): Naoki Yoshida Keynote Presentation
- 12:30 (GMT): The Art of Eorzea
- 15:00 (GMT): Cosplay Contest
- 16:00 (GMT): Art School
- 18:00 (GMT): Special Concert (Piano)
Sunday, February 19, 2017
- 9:30 (GMT): Eorzean Question Time (Letter from the Producer LIVE)
- 11:30 (GMT): When Musicians Collide
- 13:30 (GMT): PvP Tournament
- 17:30 (GMT): Artwork Reveal
- 18:00 (GMT): Special Concert (The Primals)
The Fan Festival 2017 in Frankfurt stage events will be hosted in Japanese and English. The archived footage will be made available throughout the event, but please note that there may be a delay until archived videos are available.
How to Purchase
Simply visit the live stream site and follow the instructions to purchase your ticket, or you can click here for detailed step-by-step instructions.
Your purchase receipt will include the in-game bonus item code along with details on how to redeem it (which can also be found here). Please be aware that only one Fan Festival 2017 in Frankfurt in-game item code can be redeemed per service account. For example, you cannot redeem an item code received at the event and a live stream item code on one service account.
- The content of the Las Vegas, Tokyo, and Frankfurt Fan Festival streams are different and each show's live stream includes different minion bonus items.
- Please note that purchasing the Frankfurt stream will not grant access to the other Fan Festival live streams.
- The archived footage, coupled with the in-game bonus item code, will no longer be available for purchase after August 31, 2017.
- The Feast PvP Tournament at the EU Fan Festival!
- 20 January 2017
We are very excited to announce that we will be a hosting a PvP tournament at the European Fan Festival in February! If you have a ticket to the Fan Festival in Frankfurt and want to show off your skills (and win fabulous prizes) now is the time to gather your team and register!
Keep reading to learn all the details on how to participate!
How to Take Part
Assemble a team of four players (tank, healer, melee DPS and ranged DPS), agree on a fun team name, and register to enter on our special PvP Tournament Entry Page, filling in all of the required details.
All members of a team will need to register their interest in order to be placed in the same team for the tournament.
Note: Only users who have purchased tickets to the Fan Festival in Frankfurt will be eligible to take part.
Friday, January 20 to Friday, February 3, 2017
The community team will select eight teams, totalling 32 Fan Festival attendees, to take part in the preliminary rounds. Teams will be informed of their successful application via email.
Preliminaries will take place on the show floor on Saturday, February 18 with the finals and semi-finals being showcased live on stage on Sunday, February 19!
- All Tournament Participants:
1 x special commemorative lithograph*
*Final design may vary.
- Semi-finalists, Finalists and Winners:
1 x Gaelicap in-game item
- Finalists and Winners:
1 x t-shirt featuring Fang or Claw design
1 x ROCCAT® Isku+ Force FX gaming keyboard
- Each team must comprise of 1 Tank, 1 Healer, 1 Melee DPS and 1 Ranged DPS
- Tournament-specific PvP characters will be provided, with PvP Rank set to 50. You will be allowed to allocate your PvP points freely.
- Characters will have all jobs at level 60 and have a selection of 4 gear sets:
- - Item Level 180 PvP gear
- - Item Level 210 PvP gear
- - Allagan Tomestone of Law gear
- - Allagan Tomestone of Lore gear
- Platform used is PC. Mice, keyboards, headsets and controllers will be provided. You will not be allowed to bring and use your own peripherals during the tournament
- You will be assigned set-up time to freely customise your HUD and hotbars.
- Extra tickets available for the European Fan Festival!
- 19 January 2017
Due to popular demand, we have released a limited number of additional tickets for the Fan Festival in Frankfurt! If you missed out on tickets earlier, now is your chance to secure yours!
Don't miss the opportunity to attend the biggest FINAL FANTASY XIV event of the year! Meet Nobuo Uematsu and a myriad of special guests including producer director Naoki Yoshida, crowd pleaser Masayoshi Soken and many more! Get your hands on new, event exclusive merchandise and go home with some special rewards! We are preparing something very special for you that you will not forget anytime soon!
Click here to get your tickets today!
- Exclusive Merchandise Pre-purchases for Fan Fest Ticket Holders!
- 16 January 2017
We're happy to announce the range of merchandise that will be available at the European Fan Festival in Frankfurt! Secure yours ahead of time via our special site, and pick up at the venue! Keep reading to discover all the fantastic items we will have on offer!We will have a full range of FINAL FANTASY XIV products with us in Frankfurt, from the fan-favourite delivery Moogle to the full FFXIV discography, you'll be able to get your hands on virtually everything you could ever want!
That's not all! On top of the goodies that you all know, we will have a range of EU Fan Fest original merchandise as well as a few items which will premiere at the event!
The new Nanamo figurine as well as the Behemoth plush will be on sale in Frankfurt before they're available anywhere else in the world!
FFXIV Mascot Figure - Seated Nanamo (FIRST AT FAN FEST)
The Sultana herself!
Behemoth Plush with Code (FIRST AT FAN FEST)
The Behemoth Plush comes with an in-game item code to unlock a special housing decoration.
For all our fashionistas we will have 3 special pieces of apparel, specifically designed for our event!
All this, and so much more!
If you prefer to plan ahead, make sure to secure yours and pre-purchase the goodies you want! If you have bought a Fan Fest ticket, you can simply visit the special merchandise page and browse through all the fabulous items! Once your choice is made, you'll be able to pick them up on site during the event.
I have a Fan Fest ticket, but how can I order?
Ordering on the site
- You can only place a purchase on this site if you are a valid ticket holder for Fan Festival Frankfurt 2017
- As a ticket holder, you will have received a unique code via email which will be needed to complete your purchase
- This code can only be used for one transaction and will become inactive after use
Collecting your order
- Your order will be available to collect at any point through the opening times of the two days of the show
- Photo ID will be needed, along with your order confirmation, to collect your items at the event
- The person collecting the items must be the person ordering them - photo ID will be checked
- Orders not collected by the end of the event will be automatically refunded
- Orders will be possible to cancel in full, but once the order is placed the individual items in an order cannot be amended
- Note: If you purchased tickets on behalf of someone else using a single email address, you will receive multiple emails containing a unique code in each.
- Head over to the special merchandise page to start browsing the full range!
- Announcing Musical Talent and Event Schedule!
- 05 January 2017
We are pleased to unveil the talented artists who will be taking to the stage each night of the Fan Festival!On Saturday 18th February, German pianist and composer Benyamin Nuss will perform in a captivating piano concert, accompanied by talented vocalist Susan Calloway!
But of course, FFXIV sound director, composer and overall crowd pleaser Masayoshi Soken will not miss our event! He will be summoned on stage with his band the Primals to rock our world and close the show on Sunday 19th February!
Musical performances aside, Soken will also appear on stage in a special talk session with fellow composer Nobuo Uematsu on Sunday afternoon.
Check out our previous blog post to find out more about Uematsu's presence at the event, and don't forget to check out our full event schedule to plan your weekend!
- Nobuo Uematsu Attending Fan Fest 2017 as Special Guest!
- 22 December 2016
We're proud to announce that Nobuo Uematsu, the maestro himself, will be attending the European Fan Festival in Frankfurt!We're proud to announce that Nobuo Uematsu, the maestro himself, will be attending the European Fan Festival in Frankfurt!
One of the most renowned game music composers of all time, Nobuo Uematsu has worked with Square Enix since the mid-eighties, composing many memorable songs in the FINAL FANTASY series including the beloved 'Answers' and 'Dragonsong' for FINAL FANTASY XIV.
Check out his special video message unveiled at the Fan Festival in Tokyo.
We are excited and honoured to have Nobuo Uematsu join the line-up next February!
Over the weekend of the European Fan Fest we will be holding several special signings sessions, giving a number of attendees a chance to get up close and personal with this brilliant composer. We will announce further details on these signing sessions at a later date, so secure your ticket today to ensure you don't miss out on the opportunity to see the legend himself!
He will also be on stage on Sunday for a special talk session with a certain FFXIV development team member who has composed a track or two himself. Please look forward to it!
We still have a few more surprises in store, but you will have to wait for 2017 to find out what other guests will be making an appearance.
Get your tickets today!
- Announcing Guests for the 2017 European Fan Festival!
- 19 December 2016
We are very pleased to announce the special guests who will be joining us in Frankfurt for the Fan Festival!
First and foremost, an event is never complete without our favourite producer and director Naoki Yoshida! He will be on site for the whole duration of the event and, as is his habit, will probably reveal more than he should!
In Las Vegas, Yoshi-P revealed lots of juicy information about Stormblood, the new expansion for FINAL FANTASY XIV. Following a breath-taking teaser trailer, it was revealed that adventurers will explore Ala Mhigo, the level cap will be raised to 70, new jobs will be introduced and many new and improved features will make their debut! He even teased fans with a fancy t-shirt...
There is still much more information to be revealed over the next few months and we can't wait to see what surprises he has in store at the European Fan Festival!
Michael-Christopher Koji Fox
- (Translation Direction & English Localisation)
As is customary for English-language events, Michael-Christopher Koji Fox will be joining the team in Frankfurt! This legendary master of words not only localises the in-game text, he is also involved in creating the lore for the in-game world, and is one of the authors of the Encyclopaedia Eorzea.
You will see Koji Fox a lot at the European Fan Festival as he will be interpreting on stage!
(Lead Character Concept Artist)
We are delighted to announce that the very talented Yusuke Mogi will be among us.
Not only is he a character concept artist, he also creates some of the most recognisable pieces of artwork around!
As well as his attendance to dev panels, you will be able to see his talent first-hand as he works on a brand new artwork live on the show floor over the course of the event!
While the next guest won't be physically present, he is currently preparing a special stage event for all the attendees to enjoy... Character designer, Toshiyuki Itahana!
You may know Toshiyuki Itahana for his famous designs in FFIX, Crystal Chronicles as well as Mobius Final Fantasy.
In the special stage event, he will teach you how to draw one of the most iconic creatures of the FINAL FANTASY series!
As you can see, the European Fan Fest main theme will be art. Speaking of, many would say a good musical tune is the ultimate form of art, right?
We have prepared something very special for you on that front but you will have to be patient a little longer! Keep your eyes peeled for our next announcement!
Don't miss the opportunity to attend the European Fan Festival to enjoy all this amazing content!
- Announcing Ticket Sales for the Fan Festival 2017 in Frankfurt!
- 08 November 2016
We're pleased to announce that general ticket sales have finally begun! The pre-sale period is over and now tickets are available for all. The tickets for the Las Vegas and Tokyo Fan Festivals sold out really fast, so make sure to get yours quickly!
€148.99 each - limit of 4 per order
Ticket Price includes:
- Access to the Fan Festival 2017 in Frankfurt on Saturday and Sunday
- Fan Festival 2017 in Frankfurt Goody Bag (including unique in-game items)
- KombiTicket which will allow holders to use the tram free of charge to travel to and from the venue
Get your tickets here.
We can't wait to see you at the show!
- Fan Festival Contests Page Updated
- 04 November 2016
We are delighted to bring back both the Art and Cosplay Contests to the European Fan Festival! Last time around we saw some of the best FINAL FANTASY XIV outfits and artwork ever, and we wouldn't want to miss another great opportunity to see the wonders our fans are capable of!
The Contest section of the website is now open. Here you can find all the details you will need to participate, as well as the list of all the exciting prizes we have prepared!
We can't wait to see what kind of awesome creative talent will be shown off this year!
- Announcing Fan Festival 2017 Ticket Details
- 28 October 2016
We're pleased to announce the sale date and ticket details for the Fan Festival 2017 in Frankfurt!
We will be providing a pre-sale period for our active players from November 2 at 10:30 (GMT), a whole week before tickets become available to everyone else! If you were an active player between the dates of September 1, 2016 and October 6, 2016, then you will be sent a unique email to the email address registered to your Square Enix account on Monday, October 31, 2016.
Simply click on the 'Buy Tickets' links in this email in order to purchase tickets. There is a limit of 4 tickets per purchase, and your link cannot be used by anyone else to purchase tickets.
All other ticket sales will be opened up to those who do not possess a unique presale code on November 9 at 10:30 (GMT). Ticket sales for the Las Vegas and Tokyo Fan Festivals sold extremely quickly. Make sure to get yours first!
Pre-Sale Email Dispatch (keep an eye on your inbox!)
- Early afternoon (European time) on Monday, October 31, 2016
Pre-Sale Period Begins (only accessible via your pre-sale email)
- Wednesday, November 2, 2016 at 10:30 (GMT)
General Ticket Sales
- Wednesday, November 9, 2016 at 10:30 (GMT)
€148.99 each - Limit of 4 per order
Ticket price includes:
- Access to the Fan Festival 2017 in Frankfurt on Saturday and Sunday
- Fan Festival 2017 in Frankfurt Goody Bag (including unique in-game items)
- KombiTicket which will allow holders to use the tram free of charge to travel to the venue
Note: Pre-sale emails will not be sent to email addresses unsubscribed from Square Enix newsletters. If you have unsubscribed from Square Enix emails in the past, please click here to find out how to receive the pre-sale email.
- Announcing the Fan Festival 2016-2017 In-game Bonus Items!
- 20 October 2016
This is your story! While some of the greatest things you can take back from Fan Festival are the experiences you'll have, a few in-game items to show off to your friends will make people stop and listen to your story!Those who attend a Fan Festival 2016-2017 event, or purchase one of the streaming options, will receive the following item depending on the event:
Las Vegas (October 2016)
Tokyo (December 2016)
Frankfurt (February 2017)
In addition to receiving the event-specific minion, you will also be able to select one of the following glamour outfits!
- High Summoner Attire - designed for female characters
- Abes Attire - designed for male characters
After attendees have redeemed their bonus code, the minion associated with their event will be delivered upon the conclusion of that Fan Festival. However, please note that the costume reward will not be delivered via the Moogle Delivery Service until the day following the conclusion of the European Fan Festival in February 2017.
For both attendees and non-attendees alike, those who wish to obtain a costume as well as the event-specific minions from each Fan Festival will have the opportunity to do so through our live stream service. More details on how to purchase this service will be announced at a later date.
* Please note that the names of the items are subject to change.
* The special glamour outfits are the same for all regions.
* The in-game items will be delivered to all characters on the registered service account.
* Each region's bonus item code can only be redeemed once per service account.